Friday, 9 July 2010

On a scrap booking roll


Having printed off a whole load of piccies of our trip to Dubai and then done absolutely nothing with them (since March) I got round to doing a monochrome layout for the Scrap Addicts July challenge over on Craftbubble . . . but was still left with a few piccies which led me nicely on to another monochrome layout but in reverse. Again, the theme "scrapbookimg by numbers" suggested that using five photos meant using five embellishments and having five pieces of journalling so I used more of the fabby glitter embellishments (acquired for one whole pound from a store called "WHAT!" - honestly!) supplementing with a black/white/black flower made using my retro flower punches and a MS leaf, I then positioned five faux black pearls and then five black faux gemstones in the curly bits of the large embellishment. A nice memory of a fab holiday with our lovely friends, Mary and Barry. Thank you for looking, and enjoy your Friday

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love how this has turned out,Kathy...the black and white looks great.....and a wonderful flourish.

claire-bears-cards said...

Kathy I love this- the mono look is fab and the flourish is gorgeous xx

Kathyk said...

Again - these flourishes (and the ones on the other layout + TWO more) were £1 and purchased from a local "What!" store - if you have one nearby then you SHOULD check them out!

My name is Wynneth said...

I love these two layouts Kathy - I have pics and scrapbooks sitting there waiting for me to get going on them :o( Really must get my act together soon!!!
hugs
wynneth
x

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous layout, and gorgeous stamps! I love the flourishes, they set it off beautifully. The black really makes the photographs stand out xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Another gorgeous LO Kathy and I love the way you've reversed the colour scheme too. Beautiful embelli's again and great piccies as ever. Lauren x